Digital Based Solutions for Declining Propagation Environments
GEARS Special Program Friday July 21, 2017 – 7 PM
John Bush – KH6DLK / V63JB
Yap, Federated States of Micronesia
GEARS is very pleased to welcome Extra Class licensee John Bush, visiting from Yap, Micronesia. John will present digital based solutions to counter reduced radio wave propagation due to current, unfavorable, solar activity.
John’s informative and interesting talk will address:
- How the declination in propagation requires hams to rethink how we’ll communicate in the future.
- What communications options are available to counter adverse solar activity.
- Useful digital modes.
- Operating digital with VHF, UHF, and repeaters.
- Helpful criteria for picking a digital mode.
- The importance of ARQ (automatic repeat request) and FEC (forward error correction) in high accuracy digital modes.
- An overview of some of the more popular modes.
- Pros and cons of the these modes.
- Practical tips on building a digital station.
And much more.
All hams, and non-hams, are welcome!
Golden Empire Amateur Radio Society
Butte County Search and Rescue Building
3965 Morrow Lane
Chico, CA 95926
For additional information email: email@example.com